Registrations open 1 August and close 28 September 2023.
Are you a female-identifying STEM professional interested in sharing your experience and mentoring girls interested in STEM.
If you’re looking to make a real difference, get involved in Curious Minds!
Curious Minds is a six-month program that supports girls in year 9 and 10 who predominantly come from remote, regional, low-socio-economic and/or indigenous backgrounds, that engages them in STEM in order to unlock their full potential.
Over the course of the six-months, you will be keeping in regular contact with your students to help them build their skills and confidence in a STEM area.
We seek volunteer STEM Coaches from across Australia, with a particular emphasis on;
- STEM Coaches who have experience in mathematics, engineering, physics.
- STEM Coaches who live in Canberra or Adelaide.
- STEM Coaches who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
As a STEM Coach, you will be matched with two female students based on a compatible STEM area of interest and, where possible, geographical location.
To be successful in this position, STEM Coaches should have, at minimum;
- A Bachelor Degree with Honours and at least one year of professional experience.
- A Working with Vulnerable People Check (or state equivalent), or an ability to obtain one prior to commencing in the program.
- A working knowledge and commitment to child safety.
Learn more about becoming a Curious Minds STEM Coach and apply here.